Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Too Many Titles

I have been reading an array of books lately. The titles range from Jane Eyre to the Northern and Southern Dynasties of China, and many in between. Normally, I would say that it's a good thing to read many "subjects" but as of right now there are too many under the same subject. I need to finish this "group". The past couple of days I have poured more of my time into the Mortification of Sin, by John Owen--very good book. I believe it has been one of the most "transforming" books I have ever read. Over and over, with the turn of each page, I am challenged. I will write more about it when I'm finished. If you have nothing to read, or even if you're reading a million other things, like myself, than you should check it out.

5 comments:

mwh said...

I like "The Mortification of Sin" as well. As you say, it's an excellent and convicting book. I look forward to reading your posts.

Have you ever read "How to Read the Bible for All It's Worth" by Gordon Fee and Douglas Stuart? It is a very helpful book for bible study. The two chapters on the Epistles are worth the price of the book alone.

Caroline G. said...

Upon reading the name of the book I thought that I had heard of it, but when I went to the link,I was certain--my Dad has it. That will make it VERY convenient for me to "check out".
Thanks . . . .

mwh said...

Cool! Gordon Fee is one of my favorite Bible scholars. I'll be expecting a blog post about it soon! :-)

mwh said...

BTW, Tim and I used it in Sunday School at one point, but I think it was before your time.

Caroline G. said...

It must have been before I came. I don't remember going through that with you guys.

Yes SIR! I will make sure that I write a post after I read the book. Ha Ha.