Saturday, July 18, 2009

So, yes, I am still quite alive . . .

Sorry for the tardiness of my posting.  Some of the fault lies with my just being too lazy to do it, and some with my feeling incapable of writing anything worthwhile to read.  But, what is a blog for anyway?  

I am happy to declare through out the "www" that I have finally read Jane Austin's "Pride & Prejudice".  It was, in a word, lovely.  Austin's quality in depicting her ever cherished story far surpasses all of the films made in it's honor, even the BBC version.  For some time I have said that "I am not a fan of Jane Austin, I am a fan of her work", but no more can I fully say that with any level of honesty.  Her characters have such an overwhelming depth when their life and conversations are read from the hand of their creator.  Such depth that I had never even noticed when watching the movies.  

So, summer seems like it should be coming to an end.  I must say that I am no fan of summer weather, and or summer activities.  I really prefer indoor activities above the outdoor, outdoor activities like sports, sports, sports, and sports.  I am fine with other things outside, like bonfires, hiking, walks for the sole purpose of enjoyment (I suppose that is similar to a hike), and other non-threatening things.  
Right now I should be doing noting aside from knitting. There is girl on the Rebelution Forum that is going on a missions trip and needed scarves and other knitted and crocheted items, so of course I volunteer.  How many scarves have I made?  1/20 of one.  Well, I did complete one, but I liked it so much that I have decided to keep it.  That seems rude, doesn't it? Anywho, I will do it . . . hopefully before her departure.  

This seems to be a very monotonous post. 


4 comments:

mwh said...

I liked P&P as well. Much to be learned from the characters.

Caroline G. said...

Wow . . . I'm impressed with your cookie-recipe-hoarding self.

Yes, it's surprising what can be gained from observing fictional characters.

lisatatj said...

I like this post...when I saw you were posting tho, i got quite scared..didn't know what you were up to ;D

Caroline G. said...

Oh, you should be! Wait! That statement could greatly offend me! WHy should you be scared when I'm merely writing a simple blog post? Are you afraid that I will reveal your secret? The secret that you are going with me to the Avatar movie dressed up like one of your favorite characters? If so, I must tell you, that is nothing to be ashamed of. :)