Monday, March 9, 2009

Knitting




Nihao! I recently learned to knit, but could only make something VERY simple (a scarf or a dish towel), so . . . I decided that I wanted to make a "chunky beret". A friend of mine sent me a site that had a pattern, but I quickly learned that it was a rather complex process (for me). Everything has initials which forces you to then Google the terms, find an easy Youtube video that explains it well, and then put it all together. I am now on my third or fourth try! This hat is making me crazy!!!! Last night I started one, but didn't use a pattern and ended up causing it to have a eternal twist. If I actually can complete one, and am not completely mortified over how it looks, then I will post a pic of it. Hopefully it won't terribly scare anyone. . .

Side note: That hat in the picture is what I hope to achieve.

No comments: