Sunday, August 30, 2009

Prospect of an interesting summer of 2010


Of late, I have been greatly interested in participating in Notre Dame's "Summer Scholars" program. You, and all other participants (all high schoolers) live on campus for two weeks studying in the track of your choice. There is not a vast list of subjects, but they all (I'm sure) are very interesting, and, in the end, would provide a rewarding experience. There is Literature, Science based, business, law, psychology, and other such things. But, there so happens to be on that stands out particularly to me, -drum roll- the study of . . . China. Oh, yes . . . . Sounds wonderful, doesn't it. Well, apparently not to many other people, for, when we called the school, the guy said that they did not offer the Chinese track last year (this past summer) due to lack of interest. So, with that in mind, I am trying to create a back-up plan. I have to be very prepared to even apply, so there are many things to consider. I have to take my SAT this spring, and have to have official transcripts ready. It's all so exciting to think about, but still a bit shaky. I think I will still apply, not knowing if the Chinese track will be available, but am not sure what to do if I get accepted and it isn't. Naturally, I would just pick another, but there weren't really too many things I was 100% interested in. So, with all of that in the air, and on the table, the prospect of preparing for an application of some sort is rather exciting, and preparing for the SAT will (or should) give me a boost in scholastic motivation.

Until the next time! Zaijian!

No comments: