Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Branching Out

Wow! I haven't been on here in a very long time! I normally just sit at home and do boring things (Some not so boring! Knitting can be fun! So can reading!) and wish I could do something that involved the world outside the walls of our house. Most of the time I take a walk down the lane or back to the woods and the feeling passes, but recently I have branched out a bit. I have begun working at a pastor's retreat lodge (not every retreat is for pastors) and am enjoying it much more than I thought I would. Last night was my first time serving dinner, and it went surprisingly well. I was very nervous because everything is very formal, like . . . . the "Lodge" is an old mansion that overlooks a river and sits on the most beautifully kept grounds, and everyone is rather dressed up. Last night I served for a Revive Our Hearts (Nancy DeMoss' ministry) retreat/conference/summit. It was a wonderful group of people to "practice" on. I knew most of them and also got to meet some of the others. At one point when Mrs. Garr and I were topping off tea and water, Miss Nancy asked if she could interrupt her table's conversation and introduced Mrs. Garr and I to everyone at her table. The were all so sweet and saying "thank you, etc.". Come on, how often do you get to interact with such amazing people while "working"?

2 comments:

Monica said...

Caroline,
Thanks for serving us! The True Woman Summit ladies enjoyed their stay at The Lodge.
~Monica

Caroline G. said...

Oh, you are very welcome! It was blessing to me . . .