Monday, September 14, 2009

Still Sick-- Quite Sick (and a bit of China)

Two posts back I stated that we were all sick with something that sounded like "microplasm", but one doctor thought it was whooping cough-- a diagnosis we thought not very probable. Well, we are back to square one. Yesterday my dad talked to a doctor that goes to our church who said that they had had 20 confirmed cases of whooping cough in his office this past week (I think). Now we are pretty sure this is the case with us. He said that even though we have been immunized against it that it could have worn off. The good news . . . he called ALL of us antibiotics in yesterday, which are now in our system. I leave for China two weeks from this Thursday, and I am so grateful to have the medicine in me.

A bit of good news regarding the China trip:
Our passports are back, which contain our visas. Everything seems to be on track, for the date of departure is quickly approaching.

No comments: