Saturday, September 26, 2009

Thinking . . . .

 A few months ago I read Do Hard Things, by Alex and Brett Harris which focused on the low expectations our culture has of teenagers.  Alex and Brett's aim is to unite teen under one banner of rebelling against these low expectations.  They give you story after story of teens doing extraordinary things for the glory of God.  Things like raising money to build wells in Africa, igniting the hearts of youth to bring an end to modern day slavery, and much more. Of course, it is a compelling message.  It made me want to do something. We went to one of the conferences in 2008, which made me totally "pumped".  I wanted to do something!  Something extraordinary.  Naturally, I would be interested in doing something involving orphans, for I have had a burden for them for years.  I know it is unreasonable to think that they could all be adopted, but I do think it reasonable to think that we could work toward the betterment of their lives and living situations.  I don't really have a plan, but just premature thoughts. I really believe our generation can make a difference and get involved in the lives of orphans.
Any ideas?

No comments: