Saturday, March 13, 2010

It's Actually Real

I have stumbled across a fact that I had previously not considered, nor thought possible:  I shall soon have to grow up.
 Recently I was slaving away in school because of a certain school in which I hoped to be admitted.  Suddenly, I realized that my high school life was flying by miserably. I was always tense and stressed, and my academic performance was going south due to the uncalled for stress.  So... my parents put a halt to it and decided I should slow down.  I did slow down, relaxed, and enjoyed a stress-free life immensely.  I postponed the SAT to June (I had previously be planning for Jan.) and totally chilled.  Well, I have been chilling since because the "chillingness" was just so wonderful.  Apparently I have enjoyed the "chillingness" to much because today my dad informed me that I really have to take the SAT June 1 and I have to register by May 1.  My life in Chillingland has come to an abrupt halt.  It is sad.
Anyway.... all of that is rather unimportant, yet slightly related.  It leads to the next step in growing up.
  I also just found out that I have to take my final SAT in September and apply to the my college of choice by December 1, which means--to be safe-- I really have to apply in November.  I shouldn't be old enough to apply to college. It seems like it can't possibly be time for all of this.  I know it's the first of many life changes, but it still the first "big one" for me.  I've always looked forward to it with excitement, but now that the time is actually upon me I'm shocked that it's real.  College is real and life outside my parents home is very real as well.

No comments: