Saturday, December 6, 2008

How having a cold relates to "You've Got Mail"

Today hasn't been the best. My mom's been working at our neighbor's Christmas shop, so I've been babysitting aaaaall daaaaay. I have also discovered that I have inherited Dozier's cold and feel like my head is going to blow up. But regardless of all that, Life Is Good. Yeah, I know that is a copyright statement, but I live by it.
It's snowing like crazy, and has been since this morning. I think it could be considered a snowstorm. The flakes are as big as quarters! (That was definitely a side note.)
Last night I watched the second half of You've Got Mail (my all-time favorite movie) and, as usual, was enchanted. One of my favorite parts is when Meg Ryan (Kathleen Kelly) has a cold and Tom Hanks (Joe Fox) shows up at her apartment. She handled that cold with such charm. Who would have thought one could have a seemingly charming cold? Huh. . . maybe it's just me and my red nose and near explosive head looking at it through a misconstrued point of view.

3 comments:

Bethany said...

I love that part of the movie!

JOE: Let me guess. From the Internet.
KATHLEEN: Yes.
JOE: You've Got Mail.
KATHLEEN: Yes.
JOE: Very powerful words.
KATHLEEN: Yes.

Haha...I love how her eyes get all wide and serious. "Yes."

Caroline G. said...

I know!!! I love when he says, "Let me guess. From the Internet." and she says "yes" and fall onto her pillow in complete drama.

Bethany said...

Haha, exactly! It's so great. :) Now you have inspired me to watch You've Got Mail tonight while I wrap presents!