Saturday, December 27, 2008

George Muller


I have been reading George Muller's auto bio these days and am more amazed than ever. The number one thing about him that sticks out the most to me is the way he mourns over his sin. Oh, how I want to be like that . . . Every time in the book he relays something wrong that he did he goes in to detail of his despair. I'm just enamored by him! I was before the book, but am even more so now. I have a blog named after him that is dedicated to orphans. Someday I would love to go and see his grave and the Ashley Down Orphanage . . . wouldn't that be so cool! My Dad and I talked about it being my senior trip, but I think we are looking more at Ireland. I didn't want to go on a George Muller "tour guide" because, quite honestly, that is not my vision. Can you you imagine standing near or next to his grave with ten other people? I would want to just stand there and dwell on his life, think, pray . . . you know, something peaceful. But who knows, I might just surrender. While we were talking about it and I said I didn't want to go on a tour guide, we soon came to the conclusion that that might not be the best idea because if we did something we thought was OK, but was illegal or something we could get thrown in jail and never get to come home! That would be an amazing experience to write a book about, but it could be kinda freaky during the process, and my Mom would never recuperate. The reason we were thinking Ireland is for a few reasons. One being that we both think Ireland is next to heaven on earth (that's where the Gettys are from for crying out loud!), and we have friend that are from there and could tell us the "do's and don'ts". Anyway . . . George Muller is a pretty cool dude and you should definitely read his book . . .

3 comments:

Bethany said...

So you are thinking about going to either Ireland or England? (I assume Mueller's grave is in England, rather than Germany, but I could be wrong.)

Caroline G. said...

I think so . . . that's where the orphanages are.
Yeah, it will prob be Ireland because some people in the ministry are from there. And it seems like a really cool place! I don't know. I would be totally stoked by either one!

Bethany said...

Yeah, either one would be amazing! I've never been to Ireland, but it is on the top of my list of places to go. I spent 5 weeks in England a few summers ago, and I loved it - you'll have a great experience no matter where you end up going, I'm sure.